Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm so excited, I just bought a new cartridge for my wee little Cricut machine, the Sweet Tooth Boxes.  I think I am really going to love this one.  This morning I made a little treasure chest, not for any particular reason, just to try out the new cartridge.  There are 10 different boxes to cut out and decorate for gifts of all kinds.  So, here is my little treasure chest.  I will change a few things like the latch and the lock on the front, the one on the cartridge is just to blah for me.  I"m also putting up pics of some of the Valentine Heart Boxes I did for friends and family.  The steampunk heart box was done by my daughter Becca,  I liked it so much I just had to post it.  More to come as I play with my new toy.

This is the front of the chest, after getting it together I decided I really need to make my own  latch and key hole, I don't like this one at all.

This is the chest open and you can see the latch and lock, it is very flimsy and I'm sure I can come  up with something better.  I used my spellbinders die cut to cut out the embellishments and stained it using Tim Holtz distress ink. 

Add caption

 My sister Grace showed me the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers last year and I loved it.  I made a dozen more of the them year. This is the Steampunk  heart box my daughter Becca made. The flowers are Spellbinders Spiral Blossom, she cut them out of Tattered Time paper and stained them.  She used a combination of Tim Holtz and Spare Parts gears and keys to embellish it.  

The bottom edge is a Jolee's Boutique border from Hobby Lobby and the upper edging is Tattered Time edge punched with an EK Success scallop punch.   


No comments:

Post a Comment